Our Family

Our Family

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Lil' Guy Caden

Okay, so I have finally posted all sorts of pics of our lil' guy Caden. Most of them are from the lake the past two weekends, but some are just from around the house. I have been taking my new camera everywhere and have gotten some adorable pictures.

Caden is finally back to his normal self this week. His eye teeth still aren't completely through, but you can see that they have broken the skin somewhat. So, the high fever he had for about 3 days was not due to the teething, but some sort of viral condition. We went to two different doctors within a 5 day period, and neither could give a solid answer. So, he is finally eating again, and laughing at everything. I swear he has gotten smarter just in the past week of feeling well. He makes so many different animal noises. His grandma and grandpa bought all these little animal figurines and he can point out every single one of them. He is like a sponge these days just taking everything in. You can tell when he is really concentrating and trying to figure something out.

Grandma and grandpa also got a little pool for Caden and his cousin to play in when they are at the lake, and he had so much fun with it this past weekend. He was splashing and getting in and out of the pool. This of course makes bath time difficult now because he thinks he can stand up to walk to the other end and splash mommy the whole time. I'm trying to explain to him that it is slippery and dangerous to stand in the bath. Gigi and Opa bought him a slide for our backyard, and he loves to play on this as well. He is obsessed with balls. He loves to throw them and play catch, but really he just thinks every single thing that is a circle is a ball. i.e. the sun, a lollipop, an ornament, and other items he sees in his book that do look like a ball in 2D.

Next week he and his cousin start swimming lessons with their nanny (Aunt Angela) and will continue doing that once a week for the rest of the summer.

In other news, my little nephew Xavier is almost 4 months. He smiles like crazy, but maybe he just thinks I look like his mama and that's why he smiles at me. Caden loves holding his hand and saying "baby" all day long when Gigi watches the two of them together. I think Caden will be an excellent big brother. Although, he will probably not like sharing his mama and snuggle time. He screams when anybody else gives me a hug, and he is super protective of his mama. Brady and I are going to look at a few houses in Shelbytuck this evening. We'll see how that goes, but obviously, selling our house in Indy still needs to happen first. I know I am a terrible mother to not post more pictures of my sweet little guy, but he doesn't go to bed until 9pm and I usually follow right behind him, so that doesn't leave much time for extra-curricular things that I like to do. I can't believe he is 16 months already and that Chloe will be here in about 3 months!!! Ahhhh, and we don't know where we will be living, and I don't have a bed for her, and hopefully I still have a job. That's news for next week though. Take care everyone and have a great weekend!!


Caden in the lake with Dada in his float





Having all sorts of fun


Our precious little man!




At the lake



The little puppies of Great Aunt Laurie's that are for sale. I love little weiner doggies. It makes me miss our little Punk dog. I would take them all home if I could. Caden really wasn't too interested in the little babies though.




Oh so serious.



Giving Grandpa a big hug (aka Bob) which is what he and my neice call him. He loves going out on the boat and golf cart with Grandpa.



I know, his head is enormous. He can thank Dada for that, and the mock turtle doesn't help.














No comments:

Post a Comment