Okay, so nothing real exciting has been happening in our household lately. Caden isn't really sleeping through the night. He has to be rocked to sleep and then he wakes up at 4 or 5 every morning. So, the only way to get him back to sleep is for one of us to cuddle with him. Which means we usually end up bringing him to our bed.
Last night we tried to let him cry it out, and he woke up at 9pm, 1am, 3am, 4am, and finally at 5:30 we brought him into our bed. He was so mad at us this morning, he wouldn't even flash us his adorable smile. Actually, he wouldn't even drink his morning bottle. There is something definitely wrong when that happens. I wore earplugs most of the night because I really can't handle the cry it out method. It's really the only thing that works though because Caden is such a light sleeper and wakes up so many times throughout the night. I'm not really sure what his deal is, but mommy and daddy are exhausted. I'm exhausted just because I'm in that first trimester mental and physical exhaustion phase. Brady is exhausted because he has never worked so much in his life:) Just kidding, well not really, but he is keeping really busy trying to keep up with having his own business and being the one to handle all the stupid little stuff (i.e. computer problems, difficult employees, etc.) He is the H.R., I.T., I.S., president and salesman all by himself.
Well, sorry not much exciting news right now, but we do have a doctor's appointment next week. We will get to hear the heartbeat and all that jazz, but not sure when we will find out the baby's sex. Probably not until mid to late April. We still haven't heard any news on the new house. The bank is taking forever!
Wednesday, February 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




Hang in there Princess! I understand exhaustion :)
ReplyDeleteLetting them "cry it out" is sooo hard! We haven't had that problem with night time sleep but with day time naps it was a big problem! I just wanted to pick him up and hold him each time! I read "Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Baby" and "The Easy Sleep Solution" book/dvd combo. They both helped me a lot!!! Good Luck! Hope you are feeling good with #2! And no, there isn't near as much cute stuff for boys as there is girls! :)
ReplyDeleteWhen Jillian was waking just like Caden is she was cutting teeth. The only way to sooth her and get her back to sleep was to cuddle/hold her so Dustin spend MANY nights on the couch w/ her or her in bed w/ me. It SUCKED!!!!! We also let her cry it out and now we honestly have the best sleeper ever but when shes teething she wont cry herself back to sleep..her cry gets louder and louder. Just hang in there..it is hard and I bet you are exhausted:( I never thought of the ear plugs though:)
ReplyDelete